All shelters have committed volunteers but there aren’t enough of them. Even the largest and longest established rescues are desperately in need of more help. They want to get out there and neuter and re-build to provide safe environments for their ever-increasing number of strays but they are struggling on a monthly basis to find enough money for food and vets’ bills.
There are 5 easy ways which you and a group of friends can help from the comfort of your armchair and know you are making a difference to the lives of so many poor dogs.
- Adopt one of the many shelters which we feature here on our website and Facebook page.
- Sponsor – just £5 a month donation each will collectively make a massive difference.
- Share posts of dogs for adoption.
- Become a Facebook friend of Starlight Barking and sign up for our newsletter where we keep you updated on all the great initiatives going on to educate and resign animal cruelty to the history books.
- Sign-up to Easyfundraiser – select Starlight Barking Trust and when you shop with some of the house-hold names online shop we receive a donation for your shelter.
And if you’re feeling a little more adventurous then volunteer! Most shelters will welcome you with open arms as they have to spread their time so thinly that their dogs miss out on essential socialisation. Just a week or two with you giving them a little love and cuddles will make a difference to their adoption chances.
It’s definitely not for the faint hearted but we can help you with travel and accommodation arrangements and we will talk you through what you can expect and how you can constructively help without bringing home all the dogs you’ve fallen in love with!
More info: firstname.lastname@example.org